- The Conference
- Conference Team
- Get Connected
2011 Charitable Partner
Go Red for Women's campaigns in Charlotte, Fayetteville, Greensboro, and Raleigh were the designated charitable partners for the 2011 Conference.
Go Red for Women is the American Heart Association's solution to save women's lives by raising awareness that heart disease is the No. 1 killer. The organization applies education and innovation to empower women to learn their risk factors, to make behavior changes, and to become heart healthier.
As the official charitable partner of the conference, registrants had the opportunity to contribute to Go Red as part of their registration process. All donations were distributed among the North Carolina campaigns.
Launched in 2010, the Charitable Partner program was developed to establish a formal relationship with a North Carolina charity, generate increased awareness of the selected charity, and provide in-kind support.
Past Charitable Partner
- Wachovia/Wells Fargo, our Conference Presenting sponsor, made a $15,000 donation to Dress for Success in 2010 (divided among three chapters of Dress for Success)
- A $3,000 donation was made by the Conference to Dress for Success in Andie MacDowell’s name
- Registrants were offered an opportunity to donate to Dress for Success when they registered on line for the conference
- Dress for Success donation bins for women’s clothes and accessories were promoted and made available on the Expo Hall floor for conference attendee donations throughout the day
- 15 scholarships were awarded to Dress for Success for client use — women who may not have been able attend the conference otherwise
- Charity must be a 501C3 organization
- Charity must provide services across the state of NC
- Charity should provide services to, or advocate for, issues of importance to women and girls